Last Saturday I started back with my Choir. The name of the Choir I am in is RGYC, Rio Grande Youth Choral. I am also in a group that is a part of the Choir for freshmen and older called River Voice. We are thinking of even getting a group for boys. We still do not know what they would be called, but I am thinking of the name Ocean Roar or Fire Roar. The boys would be the same age as River Voice girls; freshman age and up. I counted 69 kids in our choir; whereas, we used to have only approximately 25-30. This year the requirements are super rigorous. For regular kids, there are about 20 different songs. I have another 20 songs in River Voice, so I have 40 songs in total. It will be more rigorous and intense this year.
This summer we are talking about traveling to New York. Other destinations we are considering are Ireland or China. New York will cost $1,400.00 per choir student. If we want to see a Broadway play it will be $100.00 additional per student. A nice hotel will be an additional amount of approximately $100.00 per night. We are doing three performances. We would like to be able to perform at Julliard. Also, we would like to have a tour of Julliard.
If we go to New York, we will spend a day on the Jersey shore on the beach; which will be a lot of fun.
My favorite people in my Choir are Sara Nannemann, Heidi Schneider, Emily Anderson, Nick, Kelly, Caitlin, Dory, Luke, Juliana, Miss Sue, Miss Flamm, and Jeff. Some of my favorite songs I have sung in my Choir are “Down by the Myra,” “Jai Ho,” and I also liked a book of traditional Christmas Carols that included songs such as “This little Babe.”
No comments:
Post a Comment