Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I went to the Cadaver Lab at UNM

            Today I went to the Cadaver Lab at UNM and my best friends Jakey, Briana, and Sam went with me.  Just to see if I can, I am going to name all the Anatomy and Physiology students who came with us.  There was Bernice, Johnny, Reno, Alexis, Bryah, Sydney, Chris, Cheyenne, Isaiah, Asa, Sara, Mary, Steven, Niquelle, Meghan, and I can't remember any others.  The Piercing Spear, The Robot Lady and our principal came too.  I remember we got there and were waiting, and there was this couch that had waves.  Seven of us were sitting on it and it goes up and down because it is shaped like a wave.  I was sitting on the upward part and the gravity was pushing me onto The Robot Lady.  I'm going into a lot of detail now because I don't want to go into too much detail about what we saw when we were in to the Cadaver Lab, because then I'll start smelling Formaldehyde! 

 

We walked up the stairs and we saw this doctor with a big bushy white mustache and two white tufts of hair on either side (LOL).  He looked a lot like Einstein at first glance, at least to me.  There was also a young pretty woman with reddish/brownish hair and blue eyes.  They were both in lab coats. When we first went in, I was fine.  I was pretty excited.  We were asking questions, and it was great. Then the white haired doctor opened up the body bag.  I couldn't breathe, the Formaldehyde smelled so strong.  It seemed with every breath my stomach lurched upward, and my gag reflexes triggered.  I thought I was going to puke.  The whole thing was SUPER COOL, but I just could not have handled the smell; it engulfed me.  I almost puked a total of 3 times, and almost passed out the same amount.  The whole thing was really cool, because we got to see all the organs, and touch them, and feel how thick the skin was.  The one thing that really got me grossed out about feeling the organs and body parts was the moisture and coldness of the organs.  (I'm already getting nauseated again; knew I couldn't refrain from the details.)  We wore gloves so the organs and such were not touching our skin, but the moisture and coldness of the organs is what we felt through our gloves, and we felt the cold and the wet for a while after touching it.  That was the worst thing, other than the smell. We could feel the temperature and wetness of the skin and organs. Oh, and the texture. The coolest parts were when we got to hold the brains, and hearts, and lungs, and livers; but the hearts and brains especially.


TO BE CONTINUED.....,
DINGBAT OUT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment