Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Harrison vs. Rickman

August 16, 2011
Blog Entry No. 4
For all the people out there who do not know who Rex Harrison and Alan Rickman are, you must live under a rock (jk).  For people who do know who Rex and Alan are, and people who know me, know that I used to be obsessed with Rex Harrison.  Fortunately, it is not extremely weird because he is deceased.  Kind of like Julie Powell and Julia Child. 
Rex Harrison is an amazing actor that was born in Hyton, England in 1908 and died in 1990.  He was an actor for 64 years from the time he was 15 to 3 weeks prior to his death.  He was a playboy and had 6 wives in his lifetime.  I admire Rex because he was in some of my favorite movies, Dr. Doolittle, the Ghost and Mrs. Muir, My Fair Lady, and Anna and the King of Siam.  These were all completed between the 1940s and 1960s.  Rex focused on naturalism as a style of acting.  His wives were, in order, Noel Marjory Colette Thomas, Lilly Palmer, Kay Kendall, Rachel Roberts, Elizabeth Harris, and Mercia Tinker.
Alan Rickman is extremely good looking and is British.  He also stresses the ideal point of naturalism in acting.  He is a lot like Rex in his acting style.  My favorite movies that he acts in are Robin Hood, where he plays the Sheriff of Nottingham, Harry Potter where he acts the part of Snape (my favorite being Part II of Harry Potter 7).  I also enjoyed Alan Rickman’s performance in Sense and Sensibility.   Last, but not least, I liked Galaxy Quest.  His naturalism is ideal, but not quite as good as Rex Harrison.  Alan Rickman, I believe, has been married three times in his life.  The Quack may think I am dorky for writing about this, but I know he secretly admires Rex Harrison as an Actor!  If Mr. “G” reads this, he will laugh and roll his eyes.






























                             Alan Rickman



Rex Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment