Friday, August 19, 2011

Steaks, Homework, and Missionaries

August 18, 2011
Blog Entry No. 6

Today our Ward Missionaries came over to our house.  In case you do not know me, I am a Latter Day Saint (Mormon).  We just got a new Missionary named Elder Kamhout (Elder Kamchowder) .  Our previous Missionary has been here for a while, Elder Freebairn (Elder Free Brain or Elder Bye Bye).   Flower was over today helping me with my Chemistry homework and she got to listen to the Missionaries as they taught a message.  Flower got a pass along card to complete with five names of people she knows.  The rest of us are also completing this exercise. 
We had steak.  Elder Kamchowder got the best steak in the bunch and his was rare, or Idaho Medium Rare (which is basically still mooing).  Elder Kamchowder is from Nampa, Idaho, which is not too far from Boise State University – Go Broncos!  Bronco Nation! 
Elder Free Brain and Elder Kamchowder both play the piano.  Elder Kamchowder is a prodigy, I am convinced, because he has only been playing two years yet he plays with the finesse and skill of an advanced pianist.  He never practices.  Elder Free Brain plays piano extremely well and has been playing since he was 6 and he is now in his early twenties (about 20).  Elder Free Brain has been taking piano for 14 years.  I have been taking since I was 6 but I didn’t play continuously.   I have been taking piano lessons for about 7 years. 
My homework is very heavy in Chemistry.  I have four layers per unit.  Also, something that happened today, I realized how much Flower and the Quack love me and support me.  The Quack and Flower were advocates for me in a meeting at school.  The Quack (The Penguin) is like a Father figure to me and like my second dad.  He is always there for me, I can talk to him, and he cares about my welfare and education.  The Quack is protective of me.  He is, probably, one of my best friends in a mentor kind of way.  Although I do not have him for any classes this year, he is very supportive and interested in my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment