Blog Entry for August 31, 2011
I love my Grandpa. I was the only grandkid that he had that spent the most time with him; considering I lived with him during the first 9 years of my life. That is because we lived in the same house as my grandparents because my parents bought my grandparent’s house.
I had the best life as a kid because I got to spend it with my grandparents which was good because grandparents are kind. Whenever I got in trouble with my mom, I would run to my grandma. I spent most of my time with my grandpa. He would watch TV a lot of times until late and I would sneak out of my bed and go upstairs to watch with my grandpa. We would watch Perry Mason, Murder She Wrote, Spaghetti Westerns, The Good, Bad and the Ugly, John Wayne films, and Bonanza. We always watched The Price is Right on the Game Show channel. My grandpa gets impatient with the Contestants and tells them what they should do and then he gets mad when they make stupid mistakes.
My Grandpa plays in a Harmonica band and I would go and play spoons with the Senior Citizens. I kept perfect rhythm and they loved it. I went three times, and at the end of every time my leg was so red from hitting it with the metal spoons. My Grandpa used to buy my lots of Harmonicas. I would go everywhere with him. He also taught me to play the Accordion; in fact he gave me an accordion that he got from Italy. I think it is awesome because many people wanted to buy it from my Grandpa, and he would not sell it. Instead, he gave it to me. He has also given me coins from his collections and my birth year set of coins.
Grandparents are such special people! I used to go to my grandparents when I got in trouble with my mom too!
ReplyDelete