Monday, October 10, 2011

Tim's Place


This fall break I went to a place called Tim's place with my mom.  This restaurant is unique in a very special way.  It’s owned and run by a kid with Down syndrome named Tim.  Tim is so ADORABLE!!!!  His spirit is so big and sweet.  He has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met.  The philosophy there is special.  I remember we went in and his helpers opened the door for us.  You immediatlely feel right at home.  He shook our hand and walked us to our table.  The greatest thing is at the back of the menu there is his amazing story.  The motto he’s always gone by is:  "If you can dream it, you can do it."  This is so inspiring to me.  When you meet someone who has a sore trial in their life, yet they're accomplishing and doing things any "normal" person can do, it encourages you to work harder and believe in yourself.  It was so funny, we were eating and the music was playing, and he was jammin' out man!!!  It was awesome!!!  It was like he was at home, but of course; the sign in the front says "this is my happy place."  One more unique thing that no other menu has:  FREE TIM HUGS!!!!  This is the best part of Tim's place!!!  He gives the best hugs!! I don't even hug as well as he does, but then again, who does? When I hugged him, I felt his energy, his sweet calm loving happy energy which spreads like a wildfire.  It’s infectious.  My teacher Mr. G. used to say, the energy and mood that you exert affects others around you.  I mean in those few minutes we were there, I felt this special bond between him and me form.  He became my best friend.  I mean I'm almost crying.  That is how much this experience meant to me and how much he means to me.
Well, that's a wrap!!
DINGBAT OUT!!!!!































1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about this place! My brother-in-law has Down Syndrome as well, and he's one of the most wonderful people in the world (if you ever go to the Albertson's in Rio Rancho, right by Bernallilo you might have met him. He's a strong individual--he actually taught himself to read after a bad school experience!

    ReplyDelete