Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bwahahaha, I got to take the Barbour's stitches out!!!!!

In Anatomy and Physiology class we had an opportunity to take The Barbour's stitches out.  He had had a cancer on his face so they had to cut it out and stitched him up.  He only had one stitch on his face, so he told the Piercing Spear that he would let one of us take his stitches out.  The Spear asked who would be interested and me, Sara, Sam, Briana, and a couple other people raised our hands, and The Spear put our names on pieces of paper and then we had a drawing.  I had a hunch I would get picked because I have really good luck, so I left to go the bathroom, and when I came back, I was told that I had won.  I screamed like a Banshee, I was so excited.  The Sewards Rat came in and so did the Barbour.  We sat him on a chair and I took the sanitized scissors, but I was so nervous that I grabbed them wrong.  I would not in any case make a good surgeon, because I tend to freeze up right before, and then I cannot to save my life remember how to do anything, not even hold scissors.  I went for his stitches with the tweezers in my left hand and the scissors in my right.  I know no one noticed, but my hands were shaking wildly.  I grabbed the knot in the stitches, pulled gently, and snipped the knot and pulled it through. It was short and sweet.  Sara was like, "That's it? That’s lame!" The Barbour's response was "I let you guys do it because it's easy.  What did you expect?" I was still shaking and shocked but I think I did a pretty good job. 


That's a Wrap,
DINGBAT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment